The 51-year old Pre-Law Summer Institute is CLEO’s premiere program to help students prepare for the rigors of the first year of law school. It is held annually at and hosted by an ABA-approved law school.
- Application opens: February 1, 2020
- Application closes: MARCH 31, 2020
- Scholars announced: Mid May
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Graduating senior or graduate who plans to attend law school in the fall of 2020
- Must have a minimum 2.7 GPA
- Able to attend an ABA-approved law school at completion of program
- Demonstrated financial need
- Must apply to CLEO Pre-Law Summer Institute using the online application
- CLEO will use the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) guidelines to determine applicant’s low-income eligibility.
- Video essay profile (include link in application)
2019 CLEO EDGE PRE-LAW SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS ANNOUNCED
Largo, MD – May 14, 2019 – The Council on Legal Education Opportunity, Inc. (CLEO) announced the 25 recipients of its CLEO EDGE Pre-Law Scholarship Award. The award was made possible by a generous $100,000 grant from the Walmart Legal Department to help students attend the CLEO 2019 Pre-Law Summer Institute. Students were chosen based on financial need, academic achievements, and video essay.
“We are elated that so many of our students could take advantage of this opportunity to get a head start on their legal education,” said Cassandra Sneed Ogden, CLEO’s Chief Executive Officer. “Expanding opportunities for underserved communities is a part of our core mission.”
The $2500 scholarships will cover the recipient’s tuition, fees, books, and room and board at the Pre-Law Summer Institute held at Southern University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. This is the first time the CLEO EDGE Pre-Law Scholarship has been given.
CLEO EDGE Pre-Law Scholarship recipients are: