PLSI Virginia Law Foundation Grant
VIRGINIA RESIDENTS & STUDENTS - PLSI GRANT
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you are fully ‘logged out’ of your LSAC account before clicking on the application link below (you will be taken directly to the application after you log in on the next screen).
If you find that you are at your LSAC Dashboard (instead of the PLSI application) then please follow these steps:
- From the My Home screen, click on Search for Schools.
- Click Add LSAC Member Law Schools.
- With the US Law Schools option selected (it’s the default value), scroll down to Council on Legal Education Opportunity, click the checkbox next to the name, and click the Save Selections to My Schools button at the top of the page.
- That should take you/the applicant directly to their My School List, with the Council on Legal Education Opportunity item added. Click that name to open the section on the screen, then click Start/Continue Application to complete the application.
- Once these steps are completed, you can always get back to your started application by logging in and going directly to the My Schools List area, where you will again see the Council on Legal Education Opportunity section on the screen. Click it, and you can continue the application as needed.
Hear What Students have to say about the CLEO Pre-Law Summer Institute
So you want to go to law school…
Have you taken the LSAT?
Are you a graduate or will you graduate from college by the end of May 2024?
Have you considered how you’re going to prepare academically for law school?
CLEO’S PRE-LAW SUMMER INSTITUTE
Could Be Your Answer!
Mitchell Hamline School of Law is committed to experiential, practice-based learning, shaping legal education to meet the needs of its students and the legal community.
Mitchell Hamline was formed in 2015 by the combination of William Mitchell College of Law and Hamline University School of Law. This extraordinary union brought together two law schools that had shaped Minnesota’s legal landscape for more than a century, creating the largest law school in the region and the top choice for motivated students who want to pursue a rigorous legal education in a way that fits their lives in today’s world.
Mitchell Hamline continues to shape the future of legal education, while meeting the needs of its students and the legal community by offering access and opportunity to attend law school, providing innovative experiences inside and outside of the classroom, and creating partnerships to further its mission.
PLSI FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will it start?
The entire institute will be held: May 28th – July 3rd, 2024
What is the Application Deadline?
Regular Applications: 3/29/24
Where will it be held?
This year the PSLI will be held in-person at the Mitchell Hamline School of Law and online—a hybrid experience. The first two weeks of the program are virtual for all students! In-person students arrive on campus on June 9, 2024 to begin in-person classes the following day.
How long will it last?
The entire 2024 summer institute will be six weeks long.
Who is eligible to participate?
CLEO recruits individuals who have a strong desire to join the legal profession. Applicants must have obtained a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university prior to the start of the summer institute. Applicants also must be eligible to attend an ABA-approved law school at the completion of the program.
What is CLIC?
CLEO Legally Inspired Cohort (CLIC) is a unique opportunity to be part of a group of fellow PLSI students that will become an invaluable resource and support system for your success in law school. Learn more about CLIC here.
What about my GPA and LSAT score?
Many students with marginal LSAT scores and GPAs would not be admitted to law school without the assistance of CLEO. While CLEO Pre-Law Summer Institute participants must meet pre-determined academic requirements, CLEO recognizes and considers the numerous challenges that applicants have overcome in pursuit of their goal to attend law school.
Although CLEO may be liberal with respect to academic eligibility, it is unlikely that a student with marginal LSAT scores and GPA will be selected without a recommendation from a CLEO Partner School or Supporting/Sustaining Institution (PSSI).
How many students are selected and how much does it cost?
Our hosting law school will host 40 in-person students and up to 20 online-students. The cost is $2,500 per in-person student (includes room and board), and $1,500 per online-student.
The CLEO Pre-Law Summer Institute will consist of both students already accepted into law school and students who may need placement assistance. In fact, on average 70% of the participants have already been admitted or conditionally admitted to law school prior to the start of the program.
When will applicants be selected?
CLEO has a rolling admission and notifications policy. Applicants can check their status anytime through their LSAC application portal.
How do law schools recommend applicants for the CLEO program?
Although there is a rolling admission policy, CLEO will send your name to law schools that appear on your application. Any of those law schools may choose to recommend you to attend the PLSI. Therefore it is very important that you correctly identify the law schools to which you will actually apply.
How do I get started?
Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university earned prior to the start of the CLEO Pre-Law Summer Institute
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university earned prior to the start of the CLEO Pre-Law Summer Institute
- Obtain LSAT scores and CAS subscription from www.lsac.org. In order for CLEO to receive your Law School Admission Council (LSAC) report, please apply to LSAC. On the LSAC application, you will go to the school list which is in alphabetical order. On the list you will see a line titled “non-member schools.” Under non-member schools select #5096 – “Council on Legal Education Opportunity, Inc.”
- Be prepared to upload a typed, double-spaced personal statement
- Apply online by the application deadline (3/29/24), for the Pre-Law Summer Institute
- Pay a nonrefundable $30 application fee as part of the online application; only credit/debit cards are accepted click here to pay now). No fee waivers will be granted.
- Apply to at least one CLEO Consortium Partner School (click to view list of schools)
Note: Any changes in application information after its initial submission should be addressed in writing to the organization’s Director of Prelaw Program Operations or sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
May 28 – July 3, 2024
Mitchell Hamline School of Law and Online (Hybrid)
Regular Applications: 3/29/24
IN PERSON: $2,500 (includes instructional materials, room and board)
ONLINE: $1,500 (includes instructional materials)
$30 (free for Virgina residents or students)